miércoles, 5 de agosto de 2009

The Birds of My Father

The birds of my father? Two times, when I was 5 and 7, my father hunted them and put them in jail: canaries, cardinals, corobatitas (little tie is what the word means, because they have such at their throats,) jiligueros, and mixtos. They had to be separated, if not, they’d fight. The cage was baited with food, and they came. We had 7 to 10 cages on the walls, and in the night, in the kitchen, where it was warm. My father told me that I was the only person he knew that got the birds to trust me enough to step onto my finger. With a long time, (depending on the character of the bird, of course,) I got them to eat, bath, and finally, sleep on my finger. With some birds, this never happens.

4 comentarios:

  1. QUE LINDA HISTORIA me gustaria leerla completa
    carlos lopez
    travelya@hotamail.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Con tantas anecdotas deberias editar en varios idiomas sobre todo en castellano o si te gustam mas en porteno.

    emilio

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hace mucho te conoci en Los ANGELES USA.
    Me contaste tu vida sin par y continuaste con tu magia al relatar historias VERDADERAS.
    Nunca mas te vi y ahora te encuentro en un blog y de casualidad.
    EDGAARDO SHEJVITZ

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Tal vez no me recuerdes, pero un dia en una noche de TANGO y de fandango ME CONTASTE DE TU IDEA DE ESCRIBIR. EL ARTE DE AMAR.
    QUE BELLA HISTORIA LA ;PUBLICASTE?
    GEODO SHWARTZ.
    DESDE ISRAEL
    POR ACA PASASTE COMO UN SUSPLIRO AUN TE RECUERDO.

    ResponderEliminar